[TNS-list] TNS Newsletter 12/9/19

PTA Parent Engagement ptaparentengagement at tnsny.org
Sun Dec 8 13:23:23 PST 2019

*The Official Newsletter of The Neighborhood School December 9, 2019 *

*IN THIS ISSUE *

   - What's Up This Week
   <#m_4124863722705179856_m_-938847760278244725_WHATUP>
   - Lunch <#m_4124863722705179856_m_-938847760278244725_LUNCH>
   - <#m_4124863722705179856_m_-938847760278244725_HOLIDAYFAIR>Kinship
   Campaign
   - <#m_4124863722705179856_m_-938847760278244725_COOKIEWALK>Holiday Fair
   - Coat Swap
   - TNS Spotlight: Speech
   - Volunteer Corner
   <#m_4124863722705179856_m_-938847760278244725_VOLUNTEERCORNER>
   - Stay Connected <#m_4124863722705179856_m_-938847760278244725_CONNECT>

* WHAT'S UP THIS WEEK *

*MONDAY 12/9*

*Volunteer for Holiday Fair! *Class Parents have assignments

*TUESDAY 12/10 *PTA Exec Meeting, 8:30am

Alice Auth Support Group (Children with Big Feelings), 8:30am

*WEDNESDAY *
*12/11 *Dyanthe's Morning Hour, 8:30am
*Volunteer for Holiday Fair!*

* THURSDAY 12/12*
Book Fair
*What y'all doing at Holiday Fair?*

*FRIDAY 12/13*
Book Fair

Ice Skating (Dara, Shaquawn & Dianne, Caroline & Grace, Matt, Tiffany, and
Joanne & Sofia’s)

Popcorn Friday

*SATURDAY 12/14*
*HOLIDAY FAIR SET UP*

*SUNDAY 12/15*
*HOLIDAY FAIR*
11am-5pm
*LUNCH *

*MONDAY 12/9 *

Mac-n-Cheese or Veggie Tacos

Toasted Garlic Bread
Baked Broccoli
Salad Bar Garden Greens

*TUESDAY 12/10 *

Baked Chicken Tenders & Dipping Sauce

Baked Sweet Potato Waffle Fries
Baked Tostitos Scoops with Salsa Cup
Salad Bar Traditional Featuring Mushroom Medley

*WEDNESDAY 12/11 *

Chicken & Cheese Quesadillas
Confetti Corn
Grab-n-Go Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
Salad Bar Taco Bar

*THURSDAY 12/12*

Hamburgers & Cheeseburgers

Baked French Fries

Fresh New York Apples

Grab-n-Go Asian Sesame Chicken Salad

Salad Bar Burger/Sandwich Fixin's

*FRIDAY 12/6*

Chicken Ranch Pizza

Green Garden Salad
Salad Bar Pizza Toppings Featuring Cold Chickpea Salad

*KINSHIP CAMPAIGN*
<http://clt1092695.benchurl.com/c/l?u=9752F4E&e=F4AAB6&c=10AC57&t=0&l=3203B5F9&email=EbkCqEcSLzqlu9ejLNGcp5q4wOJ2jUnu&seq=1>

Thank you to all TNS families who have already given -- please forward this
message to your family and friends!

We value the progressive education that the Neighborhood School provides
our children: a curriculum that takes the lead from their curiosity,
freedom to explore, and a culture where everyone is welcome. Unfortunately,
public school funding only gets us part of the way there.

Our school needs your support in continuing to provide a progressive public
school education to our elementary school students.Please support our
Kinship Campaign by donating abundantly, generously and according to your
ability. Ask your friends and family to do the same.

https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/kinship-campaign?fbclid=IwAR3PrFEsnUB2hyrWdYiTA7lYEawEitpnfjj2RdJh62CdRpELHENL43WAEBQ
<http://clt1092695.benchurl.com/c/l?u=9752F4E&e=F4AAB6&c=10AC57&t=0&l=3203B5F9&email=EbkCqEcSLzqlu9ejLNGcp5q4wOJ2jUnu&seq=2>

*  HOLIDAY FAIR *

The Neighborhood School’s beloved Holiday Fair is back! On Sunday, December
15 from 11 am to 5 pm, join us to support a local public school and have a
blast. Bring friends and family. There will be arts & crafts,
face-painting, henna tattooing, a huge kid-built cardboard maze, and great
food from neighborhood vendors. And check out the Artisan Fest where
vendors will sell jewelry, artwork, clothes and more.

This is a great (and cheap) way to have fun indoors with your kids on a
chilly winter’s day; you can have a nosh to eat and shop for some great
items while your kids run around playing and art-making with their friends.

Admission to the Holiday Fair is free, activities are low-cost, and it is
open to the public.
All proceeds from the Holiday Fair support the Neighborhood School PTA, a
501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization that pays for the school’s art
and music education, field trips, classroom supplies, special programs, and
teacher support.
*COAT SWAP*

Amanda Tracy, M.S., CCC-SLP, TSSLD
Speech-Language Pathologist

Hi! My name is Amanda Tracy, a speech-language pathologist at TNS. I grew
up on the Jersey Shore, attended Northeastern University in Boston, and now
call New York City my home. My mom has been a special education teacher for
more than 20 years and was my inspiration for going into education myself.
When I was a little kid, I even had a “mock” classroom in my basement
because I knew I wanted to be a teacher! I’ve always enjoyed working with
children because I love seeing them progress and grow their confidence
through improved language and communication. In my spare time, I love to
travel, try new restaurants, exercise, watch movies, hangout with my
family, and spend time at the beach!

This is my fourth year teaching at TNS. I am here full time- five days a
week, and feel so fortunate to be a part of this school community. I treat
a large caseload of students Pre-K through 5th grade with diagnosed speech
and language impairments. I like finding current, creative, and innovative
ways to apply therapy. I’m part of the Student Support Team (SST), in which
I have the opportunity to meet with my interdisciplinary team members and
classroom teachers weekly to discuss next steps for children. In addition
to my speech and language “scope of practice”, I also collaborate with K/1
classroom teachers to implement the Sounds in Motion (SIM) literacy
program, as part of the Literacy Initiative in District 1. This year, I’m
working with Shaniqua and Catlin’s classes to carry out the program and I’m
in both classes two times a week. We start the year learning letters and
sounds and end the year with fun literacy centers and activities. Make sure
to stop by one of my SIM Informational Sessions for Families when they’re
offered to learn more!

I am so grateful for my job because helping children find their “voice” is
really rewarding work. I love learning, collaborating, and being helpful! I
hope to continue learning more about my practice in addition to sharing my
clinical expertise with TNS staff members and families. You can email me at
amanda at tnsny.org and can always find me in Room 303 (to the left of the
main office). Please feel free to stop by and introduce yourself one day!

The Holiday Fair here! If it's your first year, you are in for a treat when
your kids feast their eyes on that crazy Box Maze. So many fun activities!
Sign up! We're all doing it! Any questions about your assignment contact
your class parent or Matthieu and Olly ptaevents at tnsny.org

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mmpeLDEM9YCT2lmtPTuyyNS5R5FyoPKIpHvlIwd3PAM/edit#gid=854904633
<http://clt1092695.benchurl.com/c/l?u=9753030&e=F4AAB6&c=10AC57&t=0&l=3203B5F9&email=EbkCqEcSLzqlu9ejLNGcp5q4wOJ2jUnu&seq=1>

*We're on Instagram!*
*@neighborhoodgram
<http://clt1092695.benchurl.com/c/l?u=9752E45&e=F4AAB6&c=10AC57&t=0&l=3203B5F9&email=EbkCqEcSLzqlu9ejLNGcp5q4wOJ2jUnu&seq=1>*

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TNSNY
<http://clt1092695.benchurl.com/c/l?u=97533BC&e=F4AAB6&c=10AC57&t=0&l=3203B5F9&email=EbkCqEcSLzqlu9ejLNGcp5q4wOJ2jUnu&seq=1>
*TNS Facebook Group for current families only
<http://clt1092695.benchurl.com/c/l?u=9752E46&e=F4AAB6&c=10AC57&t=0&l=3203B5F9&email=EbkCqEcSLzqlu9ejLNGcp5q4wOJ2jUnu&seq=1>*
*
<http://clt1092695.benchurl.com/c/l?u=9752E46&e=F4AAB6&c=10AC57&t=0&l=3203B5F9&email=EbkCqEcSLzqlu9ejLNGcp5q4wOJ2jUnu&seq=2>*
*View the livestream of PTA meetings here! *
*Our Facebook Group and Instagram Page is private and for current TNS
families only All others are welcome to follow our public Facebook
Page https://www.facebook.com/TheNeighborhoodSchool/
<http://clt1092695.benchurl.com/c/l?u=97533BD&e=F4AAB6&c=10AC57&t=0&l=3203B5F9&email=EbkCqEcSLzqlu9ejLNGcp5q4wOJ2jUnu&seq=1>*
Please submit announcements by Thursday ptaparentengagement at tnsny.org

Visit smile.amazon.com
<http://clt1092695.benchurl.com/c/l?u=9752E47&e=F4AAB6&c=10AC57&t=0&l=3203B5F9&email=EbkCqEcSLzqlu9ejLNGcp5q4wOJ2jUnu&seq=1>
and
add PTA of the Neighborhood School to your account. AmazonSmile Foundation
will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the PTA.

121 E 3rd St NY, NY 10009

--
Parent Engagement Liaison
The Neighborhood School PTA